Wednesday, October 26, 2005


Look At Those Little Feet! These sweet little Shiloh feet have on them my first official Socktoberfest socks. Iva's are completed too, but they were started way before October. The day and the clouds did not cooperate with my big outdoor photo shoot plans. So maybe tomorrow.
Our little betta fish consumed a large chunk of our day. Despite the promise of the distracted salesclerk that bettas do great at room temperature, I have found out since that this is not so much true. Well, maybe if I lived in Jamaica. Now there's an idea...and perhaps not much more expensive than setting up a proper aquarium for our $4 friend. Anyhoo, I have found myself keeping the woodstove stoked not for our comfort, but for his. This is not sustainable. So, do I let him be lethargic, become ill, die, and say "well, that didn't work", or do I spend another $70 for the little guy. Hmm.... I'm hoping the goodwill store might provide a miracle .
The girls and I, in our fruitless pursuit for fish comfort, went to town today. It was pretty good. But (and I do this too often) I get so annoyed with myself when I waste the best part of their day in town. The afternoon was rocky after Shiloh had one of her famous 3 minute naps (because then we get home) in the car. Then a good evening after she decided to "spend the night" with mom and dad. I quote because she has yet to actually do it. She's trying, but right now it's more like spend the evening. Dad pointed out that she's like the chickens. Coming home to roost. She and Iva had a huge time circling toys in a catalog for their Christmas lists.
Keith's home from work. Rare quality time together. We'll spend it watching a silly movie. And knitting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations on finishing your socks! What pattern & yarn did you use?

Happy Socktober ...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Those socks look so comfy and warm! Happy Socktober :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Hey there ruth. Thanks, I forgot. Details on Shiloh's socks are on the next post.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Cute socks! They look very warm. Socktoberfest rules!

8:37 AM  
Blogger chris said...

The socks are fantastic!! I love the colors- I bet dyeing with Kool-Aid was a lot of fun. And look at your yarn haul in the above post!! I've been eyeing that Knit Picks New Englad Foliage for a while- so pretty. That Noro is beautiful, too. Can't wait to see what you knit with your great yarn! :-)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home