Sunday, November 06, 2005


Where Have I Been? Well, I'll say it has something to do with this hen. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. This, by the way, is Orangejuice, and she is a silver-laced Wyandotte. And, actually, in the background is Careful (directly behind OJ's head), who is an araucania, and Twin (to the left). Twin is one of two Twins, of course, so named because there are only so many silverlaced wyandottes in a flock that are distinct enough to tell apart. Although Iva knows which Twin is which, based on their behavior. We have twentysome hens and they are totally cool. We also always have about 11 dozen eggs in our fridge at all times. Along with my yarn stash, these eggs will secure my future when the new Eggyarn economy comes to pass.
Swimmy Lookout the betta is dead. He looked great yesterday, as far as we can all recall, but this morning he looked as if someone had dissolved 80% of his fins. I felt really sorry for him, he looked pretty miserable. So in that sense, the death is a relief. I kept saying "poor Swimmy" and Iva said "he's not poor Swimmy now, Mommy, because he's dead."
I taught my first classes at work this weekend. It was so great. Class #1 was drop spindling. Class #2 was a topdown sweater. Everyone had a good time I think. Except maybe the couple people who had to swatch about 6 times each (no kidding) because they really had no guess as to where their gauge was at. But everyone left with atleast a start of a sweater. I'm curious to see what comes back in two weeks. The drop spindling was awesome. Five people getting revved up about spindling. Hopefully they will stick with it and come back in for more help when they need it. Plus, being at work on a different day, I got to see a couple friends that I don't see often. It's nice to have someone to talk Sock with who is as enthusiastic as me.
A journey North is on our Horizon. Are you ready for that Andy? Hopefully it'll happen, AND I'll get to scope out some yarn shops in southern Wisconsin.
Gotta go. I think I here Orangejuice coming.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm ready alright, but now, we do get to bed at nine thirty...

Just kidding! Shiloh can stay up with me, Auto and Tony.

the North is waiting.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I can't figure out how to be the first comment, so this comment is for the more recent post...

(I just don't get this stuff...)

I keep thinking of the line from the movie "the Ring:"

'She never sleeps!'

Not very helpful, but what did you expect from me?

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home